What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV14 QB Lead times

chris0177

Is anyone else seeing crazy lead times?

I ordered my QB Fuse and wings in November of 2021 and delivery has now been pushed back to October of 23.

Lead times

QB fuse ordered approx 4/22, latest email from the mothership expected delivery 10/23-1/24. But by now I know it won’t be a complete kit. Of equal or more concern is all the back ordered parts missing from the kits as shipped. This forces you to discontinue construction on one area and switch to another for which you do have parts. This too often results in mistakes and requires the utmost vigilance and documentation to avoid error. Still waiting on various bearings for kits delivered 6 months ago. I volunteered to pay shipping for some of the parts which were listed “in stock” in the store. Crickets.
YMMV
Greg Beckner
140366 built and sold after 300 hours
141283 SB wings and fuel tanks in process.

With such lead times, I am surprised people are not trying to go the SB route or source a builder locally.
As a reference, my SB wing took me about 7 weeks to complete including the piano hinged wingtip. This was with all the parts being fully primed using a epoxy primer.

Yes, My slow build fuse is now a FB! But seriously, I wanted to build the whole airplane, as much as I could.

The challenge is in January the QB had a April delivery so I didn't swap it to a SB. Now it keeps getting pushed further out. Hindsight 20/20 I should have swapped it instead of missing out on 10 months of building

Back