What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv time / checkout in Western Canada

GeoffH

Hello, I'm getting ready to fly my Rv9 and insurance requies time on type. A Rv 6/7/9 taildragger would be sufficient.

Is there anyone in Western Canada that offers such a service?

Geoff

I recently ran into this issue. Mike Seager was booking a long ways out, 6 months IIRC. Insurance required an instructor with time on type. Old owner checked out an experienced flight school instructor, instructor now had time on type to check me out for my insurance. What exactly does your policy state for checkout requirement?

Have some flexability, Instructor, Cpl or Atpl with time on type.

I recently ran into this issue. Mike Seager was booking a long ways out, 6 months IIRC. Insurance required an instructor with time on type. Old owner checked out an experienced flight school instructor, instructor now had time on type to check me out for my insurance. What exactly does your policy state for checkout requirement?

Yup, Mike can be busy but he does have cancellations. I started looking around the 6th of June and I was there with Mike on the 21st of June or 2 weeks later.

You don't know until you ask.

There are other Vans approved guys around the north west US. The 9 is easy to fly so probably not a big deal.

Tim

Back