What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV owners in the KY area willing to assist a potential RV owner

dkol

I am in the process of narrowing down which type of aircraft I will be purchasing in the near future and I don't want to make any decisions until I take a look at the RV. My defined mission would be 75% local flying and aerobatics and about 25% X-country. Before the comments roll in I have had aerobatic instruction but I wouldn't think of trying any in an RV I purchased until I had some additional training in the RV. Based on what I've read so far the tandem 4 or 8 would probably best fit this but I'm a bit concerned that the 4 might be too small considering that I'm 6' 2".

If there are any owners in the Kentucky area who would be willing to let me take a look at their aircraft and pick their brains it would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Bowman

There are lots of RVs here at Bowman Field. KLOU. A 6, several 7s, a 3,4, HRII etc. Always someone there working on something. Come on over! :)

There are lots of RVs here at Bowman Field. KLOU. A 6, several 7s, a 3,4, HRII etc. Always someone there working on something. Come on over! :)

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't flown in to Bowman but I got my medical there with Dr. Shultise and actually used to live right down the road off of Bardstown. That was before I got into flying though. I'm stuck in Libya for a few more weeks but will definitely hop over once I get back.

Back