What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Kit Delivery Times

J Huycke

I'm New Here
I am new to the forum and don't know exactly how it works--if I'm not following protocol, let me know.

I am looking at buying RV-7A kits and would like to have members confirm the delivery numbers on Van's website. The delivery of kits is posted as shown in the table below. From Forum members, how long has it taken from order to deliver? Is it two months for Tail and Wing and about 5 months for Fuselage and Finishing as shown in the table? How long has it taken? Are delivery times getting shorter?

If there is a thread somewhere else in the Forum, I couldn't find it. If it's there, please link me to it.
1721503816893.png

7/20/2024

Those posted crating dates are estimates and the track record of accuracy for the past few years has been declining IMHO.

Those dates routinely change so using them for accurate planning can be difficult.

Don’t base your entire build on expectations with kit delivery dates. I don’t want you to end up disappointed.

I don’t think there has been enough time since they filed chapter 11 and got moving again for any sort of trend to be visible to us as customers. Seems to be all over the place and orders are not filled FIFO.

Last edited:
Back