What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV hospitality?

Harland E. [n.m. u.s.a.]

Well Known Member
RVers in Eugene ?

I am looking for anyone in or near Eugene Oregon from the 11th through the 19th that could give me and my partner a ride in any RV one evening. Sad to say, neither he nor i have ever been in one and we dont have out tickets yet.I know, I know...just a little bit of a "cart before the horse" situation,[cause were doing our empennage at Synergyair that week] but it will all work out in the end we are sure :rolleyes: So I can spring for Eugenes finest dinner to the guy or gal that can give us our first famous RV grin .....please please please please pretty please.i would willingly give my first born in the exchange, but you would be better off with the dinner. trust me. :D

Last edited:
You will be just shy of 100 driving miles from Van's. Pretty much guaranteed to get a flight there if you have no luck otherwise.

Yeah...but....vans insists that you have at least a student ticket for their demo rides and we dont even have those yet so i wasnt even going to ask them.Also we will only have evenings for free time and thats a long drive. Just a shot in the dark.Still hoping. :eek:

Vans is closed in the evening anyway. Since you have already purchased the tail kit, I would hope that they would make an exception about the student ticket.
I would be willing to give a ride in my 9A, but I am still working on flying off my phase I time and won't be able to take passengers yet during that time.

Kent

first flight for George and Harland

we got our first flight in Eugene with a great chap named Gary in his -6A 0-320 f/p. It was awsome!! What a way to light a fire under our backsides to complete this project. I cant hardly wait to be flying my own. I'ts really quick and easy ...right? By the way....dont even think about trying to get a factory demo ride outta van's if you dont have a liscence yet..talk about akward.

I got my demo ride at S&F this year. I was a little worried going in and asking for it that they'd look at me suspisously because I was 20 at the time. I thought they'd just think I was a kid looking for a free ride.

I just had to provide my name and a phone number. I think they only ask you to "at least have a student cert" so that you have an idea of what you're looking at. If it's your first flight, how are you going to be able to judge what's so cool about an RV?

I think there is some value in having some hours under your belt, even if you're mainly given a ride, not really getting any flying (I got to do a 15* turn and a steep turn), which was probably just as well as that Sunday's weather wasn't exactly VFR and and the only frequency used on the radio had was the unicom :eek:

16 hours and counting.

Harland E. [n.m. u.s.a.] said:
Hey Kent are you doing 25 hrs or more? What combo powerplant/prop did you go with?

I got 25 hr because I have a rebuilt lyc and CS prop combination that has been used together in cert. planes before.

RV9A - tipup
IO 320, Hartzell CS prop
Light speed on one side, mag on the other

panel:
BMA G3 lite
BMA sport
BMA autopilot
SL30
PS6000MC
AT50 (transponder)
ACS2500 (engine monitor)

Kent