What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Embroidered Name Tags?

claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
I could find no prior threads about this, which I find surprising.
Has anyone found a source for military style embroidered name tags which might include a profile of your RV? Perhaps include your N number?

There are sources for embroidered verbiage on those long strips which might be sewn onto a uniform shirt, and there are some which mimic various military styles with names and wings. Nobody had an RV profile available.

I can't possibly be the first person to think of this.

I went through their selection. While the tags and wings look great, there are no RV's available within the selection of planes and drones. Curious.

In the planes and drones dropdown

Attachments

• IMG_6438.jpeg
    IMG_6438.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 87
I can't possibly be the first person to think of this.
I think you are, and it's a great idea!

Back in my AF days we had our squadron or aircraft silhouette added to the left of our wings/names. Maybe Nametags4U or another embroiderer would be willing to accept some custom RV artwork to do the same thing?

ds

Last edited:
I stand corrected. I can't say why I didn't see it before, but there is indeed an RV8 head on image.
However, some entrepreneurial type could certainly add to this. It is the only RV available and there are no profile views. Also, there doesn't seem to be a wings/RV/name combination, which as was commented on, was common in the military.

Maybe after Chap 11, Van's will do them? Sigh.

Factory transition trainer…

Mike Seager’s wife does hats, t-shirts and stuff specifically with RV profiles
rv6cfi at hot mail * ….
At least she did a couple for me when I was flying with Mike.

Mike Seager’s wife does hats, t-shirts and stuff specifically with RV profiles
rv6cfi at hot mail * ….
At least she did a couple for me when I was flying with Mike.

Below is Georgeanna Seager's website. I bought some shirts from her several years ago with the RV-8 three-quarter view in my RV-8's colors. I was quite pleased with the product and her willingness to get the desired design. Great customer support! Don't know if she would be willing to do name tags though.

https://rvshirtsnmore.com

38F404A8-B65D-4CB9-8884-FA0F0B5679C3.jpeg

Last edited:
I stand corrected. I can't say why I didn't see it before, but there is indeed an RV8 head on image.
However, some entrepreneurial type could certainly add to this. It is the only RV available and there are no profile views. Also, there doesn't seem to be a wings/RV/name combination, which as was commented on, was common in the military.
Have you tried emailing nametags4u and asking? Someone asked about the RV-8 and had it made, surely they would do other models and other designs if prompted.

I have not asked them. Not a bad idea. I'll see how flexible they are at creating new designs. Personally, I'd prefer a profile graphic. We're all pretty much the same from the front. Or back.

RV 8 Profile is available for an embroidered name tag.

I asked and nametags4u replied.
They DO have a RV-8 profile embroidery pattern, it's just not posted on their website. They said they could, for example, substitute the RV-8 profile in place of the wings on a name tage.
Such a design would need to be requested via the "special request" portion of their order form. Apparently other profiles may already be available and more are being generated all the time.
Simply log on to nametags4u.com, and begin the ordering process by making a special request. They will get back to you with what's available.

Around 20-years ago, this came from NameTags4U.com.

It has been at least 10-years since I have used it.

IMG_2913.jpg

Received my Shirt from Georgeanna Seager. Great shirt with RV9A and also my N number. She also included a Key Tag with my N number. Merry Christmas to me!!

Back