What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A W&B

whd721

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a RV9A, 320, Fixed Pitch weight and balance sheet that they would share with me?

I would like to explore the aft cg implications of the weight loss of a CS prop. If anyone has weights and moment arms for major firewall forward components I would appreciate any help.

email

Send me your email by private message and I'll send you an excel file that has all the info on my airplane. (9A, 0-320, fixed pitch, sensenich) I'm not sure it's what you need but you are welcome to the file. You can change any single entry and it recalculates the moment and whether it falls within the C.G. limits.

Online Weight and Balance data for the -9

Does anyone have a RV9A, 320, Fixed Pitch weight and balance sheet that they would share with me?

I would like to explore the aft cg implications of the weight loss of a CS prop. If anyone has weights and moment arms for major firewall forward components I would appreciate any help.

Have you looked at Dan Checkoway's site, which has 19 RV9 examples for various engines and props? http://www.rvproject.com/wab/

Don't have my W&B here; it's with the plane. I can tell you that with an O-320, three blade Catto and Odyssey battery I have no CG problems as long as the pilot weighs over 110 pounds and I don't exceed the baggage limit. The Catto weights 22 lb IIRC. I did do all the lightening holes in the tail, etc and kept the paint light toward the back. Seemed to work well and I doubt if you will have problems. YMMV.

Bob Kelly

Back