What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A #9798 maiden flight

RV9798

Well Known Member
It flies....yaaaaaaah

Thanks to Test-Pilot Norm (RV6-7-Rocket flyer) for the flawless flight. He did 2 flights today of about 30 minutes each.

Pete with sore jaw (Grinnnnn) :D

From One Pete to Another

Pete,

Way to go! I hope to join you very soon. Paint next week and then final assembly of my RV-9A.

Congrats Pete!

That is great news. Want to come and help me finish mine? It looks like I'm still 6 to 12 months away from my first flight.

Yes, and post some pictures.

RV9798 said:
It flies....yaaaaaaah

Thanks to Test-Pilot Norm (RV6-7-Rocket flyer) for the flawless flight. He did 2 flights today of about 30 minutes each.

Pete with sore jaw (Grinnnnn) :D

Congrats, Pete. Too bad Norm Younie had all the fun. I keep my 9A in Langley. When you've flown off your hours, fly over... there's a bunch of RV's here that would love to give your airplane the white glove treatment.

Vern Little

Here are the Pictures

Hi All,

I hope this works (the pictures I mean)

firstflight001ec2.jpg

Test Pilot Norman Younie

cadocj59bn5.jpg

My Panel

We got another hour in today. The left wing is slightly heavy. But everything else is working....that means learning curve..specially the programing of the GRT EIS 4000

Yaaaah

Pete (Permanently deformed face from grinning)

vlittle said:
Congrats, Pete. Too bad Norm Younie had all the fun. I keep my 9A in Langley. When you've flown off your hours, fly over... there's a bunch of RV's here that would love to give your airplane the white glove treatment.

Vern Little

Thanks for your good wishes....see you at the Van's Homecoming probably....need to get the bugs out and fly the hours off. September 2 nd is just 2.5 weeks away...aaaaaah

Pete

Last edited:
Great looking plane Pete. When I get my 7A done, I'll have to pop up and visit. Or maybe I'll make it down to the homecoming in a spam can.

Back