What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9 wing tip lighting options?

VNS

I am using Aero Pulsar NS90 Nav / Strobe lights (Vans option) in my wing tips. There is a whole lot of room left in there - any landing light option open to me?
Has anyone fittied the RV10 LL 10 MR16 kit (Vans catalog)?

I have the RV10 MR16 wingtip light kit, and am planning on installing in my 9A wingtips, but can't say I've gotten around to that yet. I thought I remembered reading where someone did though.

I have Duckworks kits in my leading edges with 35W HIDs for landing lights. Planning on using the MR16's in the wingtips on a 3-way switch (off-on-wigwag), primarily in wigwag mode.

The RV10 MR16 light kit fits quite nicely in the 9A wingtips. I bought the kits from Vans for the mounting plates, but replaced the MR16 halogen bulbs with HID's.

0000128q.jpg

Last edited:
how about these?

How about one of these if you are going to wigwag them?

ledfront.JPG

Duckworks has these. They are not on the website yet it looks like, but they have them as well as an installation kit with instructions.

www.duckworksav.com

I was concerned about the wing tip blocking light towards the center of the aircraft so I went ahead and made the cutouts for the leading edge lights and installed Aeroleds landing lights with wigwag. I really don't know if it would have been a problem but I have really great landing and taxi lights now and people tell me they can see me coming for miles with the wigwags on in the daytime.

Thanks Mike and Greg,exactly what I needed to know and I will go the same way. For me I want the leading edges as clean as possible, both wings the same weight and as light (excuse the pun) as possible.If you are going to Oshkosh this year I will buy you a beer.
many thanks, Patrick

Back