What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9 to SNF

bsacks05

Well Known Member
For seven years I have driven to SNF. A six hour drive from our home in middle GA. This year, I flew my RV9 with my 11 yo son, Bruce. It was my first time flying into the show and what an adventure! The best part was that the six hour drive turned into a two hour flight.
We camped Thurs and Fri nights. It was so nice to have a place to crash and regroup during the daytime when we needed a break from the sun and fun. It was, by far, my best SNF. Even though there has been much negative reporting about SNF recently, I still find it to be a gold mine of beautiful aircraft of every type and era of aviation. The staff and volunteers were cheerful and accomodating, and made my first time flying in a pleasure.
The high point had to be the biplane ride which I had wanted to do every year but was too cheap to pay for. It was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC and worth every penny.

Good Report!

Glad you had a good time with your son. This is the real reason for this type of event, passing it on. Keep him in the air and interested. You will never regret it. Flying and fishing beat those #$%@ video games every time.

Back