What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 9-A Slider

Ronny

I'm New Here
Just upgraded avionics Dynon 10" HDX and Garmin 650xi replacement cost 17k.....I think I would feel better if I could LOCK my canopy while parking overnight at some far off airport. I would love the see examples of how to install a locking device for the canopy.

get a canopy cover..... out of sight out of mind - build a lock into the cover....
While unfortunate that the GTN is so easily removable, is is serialized and more difficult for a thief to sell. You will find that most builders have decided that a thief breaking a canopy is a more major problem than the theft. Most do not lock and I always keep a cover on during away trips.

You will find that most builders have decided that a thief breaking a canopy is a more major problem than the theft.
This. I'd much rather make an insurance claim for some easily-replaceable, drop-in avionics and not have to also build a new canopy/frame/skirts, match paint, etc.

Back