What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8A Electric Trim Retrofit

Majorpayne317641

Well Known Member
I am looking at the elevator electric trim on the vans website and they list 3 different kinds. Does anyone know which one I need for my RV-8? Servo, servo-1 or servo no pp?

I have tosten grips and the relay they sell. I have a D180 I plan to use for trim indications. Do I need a speed controller? I will have an in-line circuit breaker for run away trim. How do I balance the elevator after the swap? I’m not the original builder. I do have the plans but not on hand at work. Am I missing anything? Thanks.

I am looking at the elevator electric trim on the vans website and they list 3 different kinds. Does anyone know which one I need for my RV-8? Servo, servo-1 or servo no pp?

I have tosten grips and the relay they sell. I have a D180 I plan to use for trim indications. Do I need a speed controller? I will have an in-line circuit breaker for run away trim. How do I balance the elevator after the swap? I’m not the original builder. I do have the plans but not on hand at work. Am I missing anything? Thanks.

Had same issue. Call Van's. Depends on how old your tail kit is. The difference is the pivot arm that gets riveted to the trim tab.

Does anyone know about how much ray allen 5 strand wire I need to make it from the tail to the front right baggage compartment area? I’m planning on making the lower baggage bay up front an avionics rack. I can measure it when I get home if no replies.

Back