What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 rudder skeleton

Gmanfly

I'm working on the rudder skeleton and it calls for a .32 spacer. Is suppost to go between the R 606-p rudder spar and the rudder horn and R-404. I have some washers and so reinforcement plates and all parts accounted for, but nothing indicating a spacer. I need help, this is the only thing keeping me from finishing.

Yes, I have enough material to make it. Thanks, I did not think of building a spacer. I guess it shows that I'm a newbie builder.:eek:

Don't feel bad, it took me a while to figure it out too. The pile of extra metal has the non-intuitive name of, "Trim Bundle". You'll also be making the 2 R-716 pieces from it.

Last edited:
Yes, I have enough material to make it. Thanks, I did not think of building a spacer. I guess it shows that I'm a newbie builder.:eek:

We were all newbie builders, even Wilbur and Orville . The best way to get past road blocks is to ask . No such thing as a dumb question.

I got the spacer made from the trimming left over. It worked good.
I will have my website ready soon.

I think my problem is that I forget that even though is a van's kit, I'm still the builder. I'm the person that needs to construct and adapt to the challenges. Thank you all for getting me through my first road block in my construction journey.

Back