What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Repair Estimate? Repair Facility? A&P with RV-8 experience to evaluate extent of damage?

Stubby Joe

I'm New Here
I'm working with my insurance and I need to have an A&P(s) and or a repair facility(ies) provide independent estimate(s) for repair to damage that occurred to my RV-8. Initial "macro" inspection shows L MAIN gear collapsed, L FLAP damaged and potential damage to L WING. Haven't yet determined if the collapse of the L MAIN caused structural damage (very likely) to fuselage/longerons. Aircraft is based at KRNO but is currently being hangared at Plumas County Nervino Airport (O02), Beckwourth, CA.

I have heard that Jay Pratt may make "house calls" for situations such as this but I haven't been able to confirm if this is something that he still does. If anyone has his contact info I'd most certainly appreciate it. I attempted to send an email to him from VAF but I have yet to receive a response...my email is probably lost in cyberspace.

Ideally, I am trying to find an A&P (Van's building experience desired) that would complete a comprehensive review of the damage and a detailed estimate for parts and labor and/or a reputable repair shop in the N NV/N CA region.

I appreciate the help and guidance that anyone is willing to provide. It's been a bit of a struggle thus far to nail anything down in this realm. The adage applies in this instance, "I don't even know what I don't know."

All the best,
Jason "Stubby Joe" Van Pietersom

I have heard that Jay Pratt may make "house calls" for situations such as this but I haven't been able to confirm if this is something that he still does. If anyone has his contact info I'd most certainly appreciate it.

All the best,
Jason "Stubby Joe" Van Pietersom

I don't know but you might check if Paul Dye would be willing to go over it with you. He is at Dayton, not far south of Reno.
Thanks Steve. Paul Dye reached out but will be unavailable for a few weeks. Gonna try Lee Apaka in Rio Vista, CA.

All the best,
Jason aka Stubby Joe

Back