What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Near Jackson Wyoming?

barorg

I'm New Here
I'm seriously considering building an RV-8, but have never had the opportunity to fly in one! Is there anyone near (up to 200 miles or so) of Jackson, Wyoming that would consider giving someone a ride? I'm happy to pay for gas, etc...

Thanks!!

Can't help you, but just wanted to say I'm extremely jealous of your location. PAE->JAC is one of the big reasons we're building the RV-10.

-Rob

Jim Berry in Pinedale has one I built (N825CB). He's in the book, you could try him. Also Jeff Applebaum(?) from skinny skis was working on one for years. Don't know if he finished or not.

RV-8 near JAX

About 1.5 yes ago we landed @ Taos, NM. One of the operators of the FBO and his father had an RV-8 IIRC. Probably too far but if you are around there might check it out. Hope you find someone around the corner.

This RV-8A is almost ready for engine start just north of you at Bozeman, but won't be ready for rides for a bit. PM me if you want contact info.
IMG_20110202_134140.jpg

Not a -8 but I'm out making the rounds while doing some testing. Today I got an offer for lunch in KBZN. 5*F when I launched, but a free BBQ brisket sandwich was enticement enough.
meand155bkinKBZN.jpg

Here's Sacajawea Peak in the Bridger Range after the left turn out from RY12.
Flying134.jpg

Back