What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 acro video with smoke

Mugsy

I've had a lot of fun lately playing with my under wing bullet cam mount on my RV-8. The camera can be ground adjusted to any of 8 positions (fore, aft, sideways). Now that I have a smoke system I can see where I have been! The bullet camera feeds a Canon HV-30 located in the cockpit. It's interesting to see how much denser the smoke is when you go vertical due to the slower airspeed.

You Tube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8_igMJVmYY

cheers,

Bruce Raymond

video and smoke

Very pretty video, and great editing too. Hope to have my smoke system in shortly. It's the one Groucho recommended.

Thanks
Bill McLean
RV-4
Sky Dancing

Thanks for the great vid. I sent the link to a friend of mine I'd like to convince to build an RV. He's one of those certificated pilots who hasn't flown in years due to time, family, and/or money. He's open to the idea, just got to get him to commit! Vids like this help push him closer to the edge. :)

Great Video! Loved watching the smoke trail, and intersecting back through the smoke after a roll or loop.

Back