What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 rudder bearing blocks

rv767

Friend
O.K. so I'm fitting my rudder pedals in the fuselage, drilled holes in the longerons for adjustment purposes as per Van's plans, turned out nice and neat; except, I'm a little concerned that there is not enough tube (Wd-6117 L/R) inserted into the rudder bearing blocks. They slide either way enough (left and right) that only about 1/8 " of the tube is in one side of the block. This is more pronounced at the aft setting because the side longerons taper out as the blocks are adjusted back.
Is this enough to keep the tube from sliding out of the block? Will it even be a factor? Thanks VAF expert builders.
Neal

possible solution

I turned these from 1" Delrin rod to prevent side-to side movement, and possible dis-engagement. As you might see, the end thickness is different on each to locate the tubes exactly where I want them.

The one marked "L" goes in the forward tube, on the pilot's side; the other goes in the aft tube on the co-pilot's side. If I need to move the pedal assy. forward, I'll have to trim or sand the ends a bit.

Last edited:
Back