What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Line Art?

Peter.Fruehling

Well Known Member
...called Van's today and they weren't able to provide this either. Does anyone have drawing #1 in an Adobe Illustrator file or some type of line art that I can drop colors on to?

I want to start thinking about paint (a bit early) and would like to use the tools in Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop etc.

THANKS! - Peter

cjensen said:
Peter,

Sent the -7 and -7A to you via email.
:)
Chad, you think you can post to this site what you sent? I am building a 9A but the fuse's are the same for the 7 and 9. I would like to be able to play around with paint schemes as well.

Try these-

main.php

main.php

If they are too small for you, let me know, and I'll send the full size version to you via email. They automatically get resized to go in the RBer's gallery.

cjensen said:
Try these-

main.php

main.php

If they are too small for you, let me know, and I'll send the full size version to you via email. They automatically get resized to go in the RBer's gallery.
Thanks Chad, It is a little small. If you could email a larger version that would be great. Any chance you have the -A drawings as well as the conventional gear. My plane is a 9A so the nosegear will have a little different look to it.

Last edited:
Would like full size -7A version

cjensen said:
Try these-

http://www.rivetbangers.com//cgi-php/forumsGallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2928&g2_serialNumber=2

http://www.rivetbangers.com//cgi-php/forumsGallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2931&g2_serialNumber=2

Please, me too. If you like, I can post a link to them for others to snag.
h

Just playing

Brian130 said:

I was just playing with this last file and created this...

EPS Version of the ISO image

I used Corel Draw's trace function and created a no background, outline only EPS version... It isn't perfect, but it's a pretty good start. For those that know what to do with it... Could be used for just about anything and cleaned up as needed...

Have fun,

I'm looking for an RV-7A model with tip-up canopy for color scheme use. Anybody got a lead on something along these lines? An RV-9A would also suffice.

If you are looking for an actual model, plastic or wood, check ebay. I just saw some on there yesterday. :)

hevansrv7a said:
Please, me too. If you like, I can post a link to them for others to snag.
h
I sent it to you as well. You are welcome to post it wherever you want... :cool:

BTW, I can't take credit for these. They were sent to me from Jim Robinette and Bill Waters several months ago. I just pass it along to whoever needs them. :)

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Back