What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 fuel injection firewall location

turbosaaber

Well Known Member
I can't seem to find the location on the plans of where the fuel line bulkhead passes at the firewall. Seems like drawing 19 would have it but can't see it as drawing 36 perhaps...not there either. I know it must be there but can't find it.

Another thing...where are people putting the fuel transducer I seem to remember it goes between the cabin fuel pump and the manual pump..

thanks for looking.

carl

OP-32

Hi Carl,

Take a look at OP-32 in the upper right corner. The double is spec'd out on the bottom middle of the OP-32, also.

I moved mine up and inboard a tad to allow a good "comfort" distance for the AFP purge return and the starter contacter. I had to trim the doubler a bit also to make it fit next to the heated air valve:

http://caura.dyndns.org/gallery/album14/abd

I put my xducer (FT-60 aka the "red cube") between the FI server and spider:

http://caura.dyndns.org/gallery/album14/afo

Regards,

thanks

I just ordered all the firewall forward drawings... having the right drawings will sure help.

thanks so much for your prompt reply. Have a nice day

carl

take note

Adding the usual warning: Van's drawings FWF are for horizontal induction fi, so beware that some hole locations are not ideal or suitable for vertical induction.

As common as the vertical induction engines are nowadays, Van's ought to take a day or two to update the schematics. One thing I'd point out is that it's not that hard to drill holes in the firewall with the engine in place, so when in doubt just wait till the engine is there and you can visual where the best hole locations are.

good luck.

Don

Wait

Wait until you can put your engine mount on. If you are running the AFP pump it will be on the right side of the tunnel. I put mine just above the engine mount cross bar. Good location and away from anything else.

Regarding the fuel flow meter, (AFS), I put mine just in front of the AFP pump and it works great there. I think it is supposed to be between the engine pump and the spider but it works fine wear it is and Rob said it was fine there.

Wait until you can put your engine mount on. If you are running the AFP pump it will be on the right side of the tunnel. I put mine just above the engine mount cross bar. Good location and away from anything else.

Regarding the fuel flow meter, (AFS), I put mine just in front of the AFP pump and it works great there. I think it is supposed to be between the engine pump and the spider but it works fine wear it is and Rob said it was fine there.

I used the doubler plate for the aux fuel pump, just above the engine mount on my RV-7A, and used a 45 degree bulkhead fitting turned down, making it streamlined to the AFP pump (no 90 degree elbow as shown in the FWF plans). Mine was a quickbuild fuselage, and the AUX plate comes installed, but if your using the AFP, the plate is not used. I took careful measurement, and drill a #40 from the engine side, then back drilled with a step bit to the required size (I think it was 9/16th), Then came from the engine side again to clean up the hole. I believe van's plans show it higher, and the need to add another backing plate.
2vimop0.jpg

51o582.jpg

23mo58l.jpg

Last edited:
Back