What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Empennage Inventory Sheet?

DevDad

Well Known Member
Could anyone scan the RV-7/7A empennage inventory sheet / parts list, and e-mail it to me? I just purchased a new emp. kit from a forum member, but the inventory sheet is missing.

Thanks!
Mike

Check Your Gmail!

Mike,

Check your email...if you have any problems reading it let me know.

Good luck on your build and if you need anything let me know.

Eric

Mike,

Check your email...if you have any problems reading it let me know.

Good luck on your build and if you need anything let me know.

Eric

Thank you very much. Looks good! Quick question, the kit I am waiting to receive was ordered in 2004. Based on SB 02-6-1 (RV-7/7A Large Rudder) on Van's website, it looks like that was issued in mid-2002. I assume that means I'm all set? Also, the kit has manual trim. I assume I can just spend the $285 and get electric trim? Does anyone know if Van's will issue a credit for the manual trim components (considering how long it's been since the order was initially placed, I doubt it, but who knows!).

Mike

Congrats!!

On your way.

Mike,

I appreciate that! In reality, it will be a couple of months before I actually get started, but the deal was too good to pass up ($900, still taped in the box, although the boxes were opened). I figure, with the electric trim upgrade, $1200 for a un-touched emp. kit can't be beat.

Mike

Rudder & Trim

Mike,

Not sure about the Rudder, mine is essentially an RV-9 (Part Numbers R-915, 916, 901, etc...Note the 9's in the part numbers).

As for the trim: There isn't a difference between the manual or electric trim when you order the empennage kit. When you build the left elevator, if you have the trim motor, you mount it to an access plate on the bottom of the elevator and cut a set of trim tab horns for the electric trim. The horns have tabs with holes for both manual and electric trim...you just cut off the part you don't need.

You get an $80 credit for using the electrim trim when you order the fuselage. Basically you don't need the manual trim cable that is normally supplied.

Eric

Last edited:
Mike,

Not sure about the Rudder, mine is essentially an RV-9 (Part Numbers R-915, 916, 901, etc...Note the 9's in the part numbers).

As for the trim: There isn't a difference between the manual or electric trim when you order the empennage kit. When you build the left elevator, if you have the trim motor, you mount it to an access plate on the bottom of the elevator and cut a set of trim tab horns for the electric trim. The horns have tabs with holes for both manual and electric trim...you just cut off the part you don't need.

You get an $80 credit for using the electrim trim when you order the fuselage. Basically you don't need the manual trim cable that is normally supplied.

Eric

Thanks for your response. So, effectively, the $285 goes towards additional components, and nothing gets swapped out for the electric option from manual?

Mike

Yes & No

That is correct as far as the Empennage kit is concerned.

When you order the fuselage kit, you won't need the manual trim cable, so Van's gives you an $80 credit for not supplying the cable. Take a peek at the Order Form under options.

Back