What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6A nose axle nut

Cadstat

Well Known Member
I tried twice to gleen the info from the plans but can't find it. I hate to appear so helpless but what is the spec for the nyloc nose axle nut? I think the bolt is AN365-524 but can't verified that.

I tried twice to gleen the info from the plans but can't find it. I hate to appear so helpless but what is the spec for the nyloc nose axle nut? I think the bolt is AN365-524 but can't verified that.

The answer to your question depends on the brand of the nose wheel that you have in your kit. Most kits starting in the late 90's used Matco. Do a search and look for upgrades that Matco has provided. This is important!

The answer to your question depends on the brand of the nose wheel that you have in your kit. Most kits starting in the late 90's used Matco. Do a search and look for upgrades that Matco has provided. This is important!

Just for reference.... my 1996 kit, uses the Cleveland nose wheel. It has the full length axle.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Back