What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6A main landing gear

Tweetip10

I'm New Here
I am currently rebuilding a RV-6A that was in a ground loop incident. I have found many builder errors/deviations so I am suspect of everything I find. Today I found a spacer, 1/4 to 3/8 wide, on the forward left landing gear attachment mount between the mount and longeron. Has anyone else ever seen this? Pic attached from drawing.
thanks

Attachments

• 74198930813__2B0E2CD0-C4A3-4835-853E-B766D44E9B31.jpeg
    74198930813__2B0E2CD0-C4A3-4835-853E-B766D44E9B31.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
I am currently rebuilding a RV-6A that was in a ground loop incident. I have found many builder errors/deviations so I am suspect of everything I find. Today I found a spacer, 1/4 to 3/8 wide, on the forward left landing gear attachment mount between the mount and longeron. Has anyone else ever seen this? Pic attached from drawing.
thanks
My 6A has spacers there as well.

It usually took a spacer in there just to so the gear mount made contact with the fuselage side. Mine even had to be tapered to fit, because the gear mount pad and side structure weren’t parallel. I don’t remember the spacer being called out there on the plans, but by that time in the build I already knew the solution to my tapered gap…..”just make it fit.” 🙂

BTW, looks like your photo is for a 7A, not for a 6A. Some common parts between the two models, but not the exact same assembly.

Here is a picture of the RH gear bracket shim on my 6A and the other side is similar.

IMG_20240707_125946.jpg

Back