What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 S-TEC system fifty

Pacavi2016

I'm New Here
Has anyone had experience with installing mod kits from a S-TEC System forty to a System fifty. Essentially it's the Pitch mod kit that includes updating the Computer / Controller box, adding the Pressure Transducer and the Pitch Servo. I would like to know how much air frame work is involved, times / dollars etc?
If there an additional Van's Aircraft push rod kit that needs to be added to the S-TEC mod kit?

I have a System 30 that I installed in my 6A during construction.
From reading their current advertising - they want 20/30 guys to trade in their systems for 50/60's - they're telling everyone that the servos are the same.
There was an install kit for the servos that I bought for my 6A which included a bracket for the wing and fuse along with saddle blocks to run the elevator control cable from the capstan to the already installed pushrod.

I'll try to remember to take pictures this weekend as I have my fuse back open to install ADS-B gear!

I've got a few pictures...but I can't upload them here - it wants a URL.

PM me with an email address and I'll send them directly.

Servos

I just had S-tec pitch and roll servos and brackets removed from my RV-6. I'd be interested in selling any or all of them if you're interested. They were installed by the builder but never powered up (no head installed). Send me a PM if you're interested.
Thanks

Back