What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Rudder Sketches Needed

Jim Lewellyn

Well Known Member
I am building a new rudder and need some help (sketches from builders manual). My RV6 is a '95ish vintage with .016" rudder skins. I purchased parts to build a completely new rudder with .020" skins. This vintage rudder was not pre-punched or counter balanced. These rudders were built in a wooden jig.

There were sketches in the original builders manual showing the proper dimensions of the jig necessary to build the rudder. Unfortunately, I am missing these sketches and Vans no longer has them either. Does anyone have the following sketches from chapter 6?:

1. SK6-1
2. SK6-2
3. SK6-4

Vans explained to me over the phone what is on SK6-4, so I think I will be OK if I don’t get that one, but really would like to see the other two before starting to build.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Check your e-mail

Jim,

I just scanned 7 pages of SK figures and sent them to your e-mail listed on VAF.

Jim,

I have copies. SK6-1 is the rudder skin layout. SK6-2 is the right elevator skin layout. SK6-3 is the left elevator skin layout. SK6-4 is the V-Block jig dimensions.

Sounds like you need SK6-1 to build a new "vintage" rudder. Let me know if you want any of the others. I can scan and e-mail them to you.

I could use them all

Jim,

I have copies. SK6-1 is the rudder skin layout. SK6-2 is the right elevator skin layout. SK6-3 is the left elevator skin layout. SK6-4 is the V-Block jig dimensions.

Sounds like you need SK6-1 to build a new "vintage" rudder. Let me know if you want any of the others. I can scan and e-mail them to you.

Thanks for replying Steve. I am missing all four of these sketches from my builders manual. I could use them all if you would'nt mind scanning and emailing them to me.

Thank you very much!

Thank you

Jim,

I just scanned 7 pages of SK figures and sent them to your e-mail listed on VAF.

Thank you Gil. That was'nt exactly what I needed, but I really appreciate your help. I believe that Steve has just what I need and he has offered to email them to me.

Thank you!

Back