What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Question

rvator2b

I'm New Here
Hi All
My late-model Citabria is on the market and I received an offer to take an RV6 and cash in trade. I had planned on getting a 4 or 6 anyway eventually, so I'm thinking I'll have a look. My question is, then, other than the usual airplane stuff, what things in particular should I pay attention to specific to the RV6? This one was built in 1999 and has an O-320/fixed-pitch metal prop, about 400 hours on the airframe and majored engine, and only basic engine instruments (no EGT/CHT).
Thanks!
Chuck Kinslow

Get a prebuy inspection.

Take Mike's advice and find someone experienced to help with a prebuy inspection. Unless you have built one, I would not buy one without someone who has. Pierre knows what to look for.

What ever price you pay for it consider that it will cost you another $15,000.00
That money will be to overhaul the engine. If you approach the transaction with this attitude you will not be disappointed if things go south after the purchase. Engines are always a **** shoot.

I'll speak up for Pierre

I'll stand up for Pierre.... he is quite a knowledgeable expert and whatever he says, I'd trust.
Best
Brian Wallis

Back