What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Canopy Strut Cross-reference?

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Looking at the maintenance white-board in our hangar, I see that we have "replace weak canopy support struts on Mikey" as an open item. Before I go to the trouble of ordering a set from Oregon (and paying shipping and handling), does anyone perchance know if these struts are used on some sort of motorized conveyance? And would anyone know what the year, make and model of such conveyance might be, so that I could approach the proprietor of a local parts store to obtain a pair?:rolleyes:

Paul

Very informative thread Richard - thanks! But it still doesn't tell me if there is an automotive equivalent....if I've got to mail-order it, I might as well add it to the next Van's order and support the "source"....:)

Strut part number

The Matroincs RV list has the gas strut listed as:

Lift-O-Mat PN / 752818

Hope this helps

boating gas springs

Paul,
I bought the gas springs from the source listed in post #7 from the thread listed above. They fit perfectly on my 6A. Had them only six months so can't give you a full report but they were a lot more reasonable than anyplace else and they are almost identical to vans.
http://www.backtoboating.com/Scripts/allsprings.asp
Dave A.

Looking at the maintenance white-board in our hangar, I see that we have "replace weak canopy support struts on Mikey" as an open item. Before I go to the trouble of ordering a set from Oregon (and paying shipping and handling), does anyone perchance know if these struts are used on some sort of motorized conveyance? And would anyone know what the year, make and model of such conveyance might be, so that I could approach the proprietor of a local parts store to obtain a pair?:rolleyes:

Paul

You might try NAPA part # 819-5576

Back