What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 Seat Back Location Drawing Ser#32

RV4 Seat Back Location Drawing Ser#32
The rear seat back assy #F433 location can be moved back to rest flush and parallel on the baggage compartment bulk head #F407. The upper fiberglass #433C can be cut and fitted flush to the top of the baggage compartment bulkhead #407 and riveted in place to the seat back #433B up right sheet metal and rails. this will ensure the entire seat back assy will fit flush all the way around bulk head #F407. this will eliminate the rear seat and paggenger from collapsing into the baggage compartment. By doing this, it will give the passenger a more comfortable up right posture and more leg room.
The rear passenger's center weight CG location will move back about 2 inches from 107 inches to 109 inches. check your weight and balance with the new passenger CG location, against your existing passenger CG location at full gross.
I have done this on my RV4 I built, N112TT and the one I bought, N5731A both have 180Lyc and an aluminum propellor. At full gross the CG moved back 0.210 inches. I used 170 lbs passenger weight. I was well inside the aft CG limits. Two other RV4 with 150/160 Lyc with wood props have done this also.Yaw String

Thank you, I’ve been scratching my head for two days trying to figure out why the plans call for the rear seat to be 4 1/4” forward of F-405.

Back