What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 Rear Throttle Required

Simple option

Pretty easy to fabricate a simple one. My 4 has a 1/8 rod with a plastic knob running through a 'bushing' of rtv connected to to the front throttle.
Do not seem to have a picture here, but I can take one and post it if you are interested.

Chris Olsen
RV-4 N2ZK @ KAEG

Pretty easy to fabricate a simple one. My 4 has a 1/8 rod with a plastic knob running through a 'bushing' of rtv connected to to the front throttle.
Do not seem to have a picture here, but I can take one and post it if you are interested.

Chris Olsen
RV-4 N2ZK @ KAEG

I did the same for my Harmon Rocket, except I used a length of 6061 3/16" rod, threaded on both ends-- one for the knob and the other for the rod-end bearing. It attached to a hole drilled into my throttle quadrant lever, about half way up on the exposed part of the lever. This gives the rear throttle a long throw.

The holes through the bulkheads use snap bushings and are progressively larger for each bulkhead moving forward because the rod needs to move up and down near the quadrant end.

Back