What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB RV 4 Parts

I aquired an R4 fuselage with empenage. I'm looking for wings and other parts you may have.
I don't have any parts for you, but I'm close by if you have any RV4 build questions..if you have a fuselage that's already built, be advised the spar carry through section , if installed, is matched to a wing kit. If you find wings, the spar carry through bulkhead and splice plates should be with the wing kit. Mix and match RV4 centersections can be done, but that may require drilling up some new splice plates and frame parts.

I have a canopy for sale listed here https://vansairforce.net/threads/rv4-canopy.226437/#post-1774059
Also these two items listed here https://vansairforce.net/threads/fs-throttle-quadrant-gascolator.227598/#post-1776819
Not posted for sale yet but I have an RV4 instrument panel blank and a Van's fuel valve as well
I may be interested in the panel. My biggest issue is getting it through a DAR or registedered since it has a data plate on it an no bill of sale from the last registered owner. Any suggestions?

I may be interested in the panel. My biggest issue is getting it through a DAR or registedered since it has a data plate on it an no bill of sale from the last registered owner. Any suggestions?
You have a can of worms that needs sorted out before you spend too much money. You would need alot of miracles to prove 51 percent as builder, and a VANs build number should have been transfered to you. If it's a transfer registration, you'd be doing a repair...has this been a flown aircraft ?

To the best of my knowledge the RV-3 and RV-4 kits were not pre-punched or matched hole. Therefore your concern regarding matching the wings to the main Spar Center section in the fuselage is not valid.
My RV4 kit (I built mine) as well as all the others I have been involved in are delivered from VANs with the holes in the fuselage center spar carry through bulkhead match drilled to the spar and spar splice plates, that is why the wing kit contains fuselage bulkhead components . My, and other RV4 fuselage kits did not come with those component. The build sequence for RV4s make mention in the plans to order and build the wing prior to the fuselage for this reason. I have been involved with mating a new wing to an existing and flying aircraft and it often requires rework of the center section for the aforementioned parts.

My RV4 kit (I built mine) as well as all the others I have been involved in are delivered from VANs with the holes in the fuselage center spar carry through bulkhead match drilled to the spar and spar splice plates, that is why the wing kit contains fuselage bulkhead components . My, and other RV4 fuselage kits did not come with those component. The build sequence for RV4s make mention in the plans to order and build the wing prior to the fuselage for this reason. I have been involved with mating a new wing to an existing and flying aircraft and it often requires rework of the center section for the aforementioned parts.
You are correct. I will now delete my erroneous reply

I don't have any parts for you, but I'm close by if you have any RV4 build questions..if you have a fuselage that's already built, be advised the spar carry through section , if installed, is matched to a wing kit. If you find wings, the spar carry through bulkhead and splice plates should be with the wing kit. Mix and match RV4 centersections can be done, but that may require drilling up some new splice plates and frame parts.

I also have Older Style:
- gear leg fairings
- wheel pants
- cowl with cheeks

I have the same issue with my six. But I was able to find two sets of wings with the center section and the splice plates. I'll give you a call once I get to the center section on my 6. Currently I'm just trying to figure out if I have a salvagable 4 on my hands.

Also, I was able to track down the last registered owner and he's going to provide me with an 8050-2 so I can register it.

Back