What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4/Lancair Formation Photos

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Recently went on a Fall photo shoot as the leaves were turning here in St Louis. The Lancair pilot is Pete Field, a retired Marine Corps Test Pilot. The photographer was Steve Schulte & I think he did a superb job. Click on the link below for the photos on his web site.

http://www.steveschulte.com/Airplanes/2009-Aircraft-Photo-Shoots/RV4/10089506_aNk4R#692464522_zYTjf

zk4i06.jpg

2lwt2x2.jpg

dr87xe.jpg

Last edited:
Unreal photos! Curious what the photo ship was?

Also, beautiful RV-4.

Photo ship was a Bonanza & thanks for the comment, it really is a blast to fly. By the way, I used to live in Brandon when I was stationed at MacDill years ago.

Last edited:
Great Pictures

Incredible pictures and beautiful airplanes in great backgrounds. Everyone should check out the link and see the rest of the pictures. Would love to have some of these pictures as wallpaper. I particularly like your 4, by itself, against the fall background colors in the ground.

Does your -4 have embroidered seats--some kind of a joker dropping bombs picture? If so it's the first RV I fell in love with when I was casually browsing barnstormers a few years back. It gave me an instant RV bug and is a direct reason I have the -8 project underway in my garage today. Beautiful pictures.

Recently went on a Fall photo shoot as the leaves were turning here in St Louis. The Lancair pilot is Pete Field, a retired Marine Corps Test Pilot. The photographer was Steve Schulte & I think he did a superb job. Click on the link below for the photos on his web site. I have the high res shots on my hard drive if anyone wants them.

Oly,
I would also like to have copies for my wallpaper collection. Sent you a PM.

Does your -4 have embroidered seats--some kind of a joker dropping bombs picture? If so it's the first RV I fell in love with when I was casually browsing barnstormers a few years back. It gave me an instant RV bug and is a direct reason I have the -8 project underway in my garage today. Beautiful pictures.

I think that is the same plane. I looked at it a while back when it was for sale in West Palm Beach. It is very nice!!! That first photo looks like an RV4-RG...

Last edited:
Wow! Lots of magazine cover quality pictures in the slideshow. Congrats on a beautiful airplane.

Back