What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 FWF (Just for fun)

My co-builder Glenn and I have been working the RV-4 fuselage in the jig for 3 months. Glenn got impatient and finished the FWF while my back was turned.
meltonjim

I like it!

Very nice. Please post first flight results. P-factor should be a non issue and fuel efficiency should be very impressive. Will you need to mix oil with your gas? Planning on burning auto-fuel?

Design questions & Glenn O.D.

Right now we're concentrating on the spinner design. We figure an optimized spinner should improve top speed about .00001 KTAS.

There weren't many aluminum chips yesterday, but earlier in the day Glenn was seen sniffing goop cleaner.

Thanks everybody! It's a GREAT community.

Cheers,
Jim

Let's see, fuel will be 60% methanol, 10% nitromethane, and 30% castor oil. Good luck in finding an FBO selling that. :)

Let's see, fuel will be 60% methanol, 10% nitromethane, and 30% castor oil. Good luck in finding an FBO selling that. :)

Just hop in the airport crew car and hot-foot it over to the nearest Hobbytown USA. For that little screamer you'll have to buy it by the quart. It should work out to about $28.00 a gallon (and you thought 100LL was expensive...). :eek:

Man I loved that those black widow engines. Need to use a "full scale" engine on these full scale kits though :)

Back