What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3

hawkpdx

I have an RV-3A based at Troutdale airport. I just bought a Trig TT21 trasponder and need an A&P to help with the install. I would have it certified by an avionics shop. I have everything but an antenna cable. I would also need a hole drilled for an antenna and the electrical stuff. Would like someone who could do an annual and other little projects later in the year. anyone know some one who could do this? Thanks.
Ed Hawkins
N272DR

Last edited:
Try Frank Sneed

Frank can do your inspections. He is very good, fair, and reasonable. I am not sure about any of your avionics work but you could ask him.
503-644-6931

PS - I believe I saw your airplane in Don's hangar. I have a storage hangar just behind you.

RV-3A

Thanks
I had Frank do a airworthiness inspection on a SA-3B Playboy I brought from Canada a couple of years ago, great guy. I'm pretty short on electrical skills and where and how to install the antenna. The Trig is a two piece transponder with an encoder built into the box. Theres only 5 inches of space beheind the panel, but it should all fit. We'll have to meet sometime I'm usually around hanger 10 on Fridays and Saturdays. Take care.
Ed Hawkins
N272DR

I'm curious to hear your experiences with the Trig transponder. It's been an interesting option for us glider folk due to the light weight, built-in encoder and low power usage.

TODR

Trig

doug
I'll let you know, I'm working on the install now, got the altimeter in today for calibration. I weighed the control head, antenna and transponder on my weight watchers scale, just a little more than a pound. The antenna cable will probably weigh more! Tell me your impression of the unit from your glider activity. Thanks.
Ed

Back