What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3 spar mod CN-2

lhawkins

Does anyone have copies of the drawings and photos for the CN-2 mods? Any help would be appreciated. I have looked in all the ususal places, such as Vans and all the RV-3 sites. I printed them a couple years ago, but have moved a couple times since last seeing them. Reply to [email protected] please.

Change Notice for RV-3A

I have the CN-1 (10 pages) and CN-2-1 (25 pages).
I can try scanning them or send you hard copy.

Get them from Vans

It took me a while to explain what I wanted, but Van's does have what you need. Ask the parts department to send you "Doc CN-301 TYPE X" (replace the X with 1 or 2, depending on your spar). Less than a year ago, this was a manilla 9x12 envelope that had the PDF files (available to download) but more important, it has drawings and pictures that as far as I know, are not out on the web for download. I think you'll be happier with one of their packets, rather than a copy of a copy of a copy....

If I recall correctly, they said this packet normally goes out with the modification materials, but they split it out from the materials so it could be available for inspections purposes. The idea being one can get materials later if you decide to go ahead.

pinged your email, but posted it here also.

Last edited:
Got em ordered

Thanks for the info Stan, they were avai;lable exactly as you described and only $10.
Mel thanks for the offer but I think buying from Van's is the best way. I do appreciate your offer.

Larry

Thanks for the info Stan, they were available exactly as you described and only $10.
Mel thanks for the offer but I think buying from Van's is the best way. I do appreciate your offer.
Larry

No problem. Glad you found "originals".

Back