What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3 Builder's Meeting At Oshkosh - Tuesday, 1230, Van's Tent

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
OK, so there aren't many of us, but would anyone working on (or flying) an RV-3 like to get together at Theatre in the Woods sometime on Tuesday? How about 1100?

With the likely number of suspects, that might be too much room - we could maybe meet in a broom closet....but it would be fun to swap stories!

paul

A few years ago, Randy Lervold did this and met under a tree in the RV homebuilt parking area near a forum building under a tree just off the street and taxiway that devides the warbird and RV parking areas. Wish I had a map to insert and a better description.

Why not just met at Vans tent then find a tree? Will be close to go look at everyone's RV-3.

RV-3 meeting

Sounds good ! My main concern is to finish the discrepency list in the plans and resolve which aileron bellcrank config is the best. Please post the final date and time. Riveting empennage as we speak. Larry

Its a mile or two to get there- but I'll try and be there Tues!
Like to see a few faces from the forum.
Neil Robertson
Invercargill New Zealand
RV-3 plans # 11465

Well at least we have some interest! I don't know how we could hold this without Doug, so how about we slip this to Tuesday at 1230, and I like Gary's inputs to meet at the Van's tent - we can show how much of a "force" we are in the movement to resurrect the -3! We can then go find a shady spot, perhaps with a little food or drink....

Slipping to Thursday is going to miss too many folks that leave after the first few days - but Dustman, we'll have to get together, especially if you're flying in - we need to see your airplane!

Tuesday, 1230, Van's tent!

Paul

Not building one but I'll show up anyway so the group doesn't look so small. :D

I was at the last one that Randy had. I will bring my camera and take photos.

Looks like Tuesday will be a busy day for me. I already have a Forum to attend at 8:30 and a 5 PM meet for dinner.

Photos

DSC_0421.JPG

We met on schedule, talked, introduced ourselves and talked some more. Walked over to John's Beautiful RV-3, looked, and talked some more.

Here is a link to photos that I took. (It is taking a long time to upload. Ready for bed so may not paste the link in here till I get up. Files are still uploading when I typed this.)
https://picasaweb.google.com/Gary.A.Sobek/July262011RV3GTG?authkey=Gv1sRgCLTGmrrhvticxAE#

Last edited:
Great Pics Gary - thanks for coming and photo-documenting the meeting! We may be few, but the RV-3 community is hardy - and I look forward to joining up with you when you get yours built....;)

Thanks to all for coming - it's nice to know that there are other folks as crazy....ahhh... as interested as we are to build the "classic" RV.

Oh BTW, the gentleman (and RV-3 Builder) who made the red shirts said to tell folks that if you are interested in one, he can be PM'ed at "HFS" here on the forums...

Paul

Last edited:
Back