What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Wing Rib Service Bulletin just issued (sb10-4-28)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
(Affects RV-12 Wing Kits shipped between Jan 1, 2010 and April 26, 2010.) Possible cracks on stiffener beads

On their site at: http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/sb10-4-28.pdf

Screencapture below:
28vg390.jpg

Last edited:
My wing kit was shipped during the specified time frame but I have not put it together yet. Is there a construction technique, or replacement parts from Vans that will prevent this? Or is this to be an ongoing inspection? If you find cracks on your completed project, what is the corrective action?

My wing kit was shipped during the specified time frame but I have not put it together yet. Is there a construction technique, or replacement parts from Vans that will prevent this? Or is this to be an ongoing inspection? If you find cracks on your completed project, what is the corrective action?

The service bulletin says to inspect your ribs (installed or uninstalled).
If you find any with cracks, contact Van's.

If they are not cracked install them.

If there was follow up or repetitive inspections required, I think it would have said so in the service bulletin.

Thanks Scott. I've been absent from the forum for a couple of months. If I would have read the larger thread on this issue before posting, my questions would have been answered.

Unpacked and checked mine today, found 2 split ribs that will have to be replaced apart from that unpacking the fuselage and wing kits went well and I was only missing a couple of washers, also rather pleased to find the auto pilot brackets included in the fuselage kit as I thought would be an extra to install if you ordered the optional kit?

Back into the build next week it then

Back