What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 upholstery options

We were getting ready to order our finish kit and need to decide on the seats. Has anyone tried the non-standard materials/fabrics/seat cushions? Any recommendations??? Is it worth the extra money to upgrade fabrics/cushions?

:)

If you haven't already, contact Abby at Flightline. She can send you out swatches of all the available fabrics, as well as prices for custom options.

Personally, I didn't like the faux leather standard material, and I also heard that it might react with the interior (rattle can) paint I used, so I decided to use Marathon fabric (black and red) for everything. Marathon is the woven fabric that is in the center panels of the standard seats.

I'm really happy with how everything turned out. It's not as plush as some of the more expensive options, but I think it gives a sportier look and suits the -12 nicely.

Oregon Aero

There stuff isn't the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Top notch product!

Randy
8A

Clarification please

It is my understanding that we elsa people can't deviate from the plans,etc., etc. So, if I install Oregon Aero seats and interior prior to the aircraft sign off, is this a disqualifying deviation?

Please advise.

You only get the seats with the stock plane, not a full interior. Get it inspected without he interior. YOu could ask vans about a credit on the seats. You could also borrow someone else's seats for the inspection. But given all of that, you still won't get better quality than Abby and she can make them however you'd like.

Back