What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Tow Bar Kit

It will be a couple of days before I'm back at the airport, so I can't post a pic right now. But, if you look at the recent nose fork SB you will see a bolt and a stack of washers with a nut just forward a couple inches from the axle hole, this bolt and washer stack is part of the Tow Bar Kit. The open end of the tubing on the Tow Bar slides over this bolt/washer stack. Velco on the Tow Bar pulls it together for full engagement.

Here is a link to the SB I'm refering to. Scroll down to page 2:
http://www.vansaircraft.com/pdf/sb10-12-14.pdf

Last edited:
Did you have to drill a hole?

My fork doesn't have this bolt and stack of washers nor does it have a hole for them. I've thought about drilling holes but was concerned about 1) the integrity of the fork and 2) the bolt head rubbing on the sidewall of the tire.

Wayne 120241/143WM

fork holes

Wayne- The bolt and washers/spacer do not come with the regular kit. However, are you sure there are no holes in your fork? Mine did have pilot holes drilled in the correct locations. I just had to enlarge and tap them to the correct size. I purchased a bolt/spacer kit (nicer than the washer stack) that is made for RV's from Bogert (along with their tow bar).

I can tell you that adding this should be fine, as it is part of the wheel pants kit from Van's. The bolts only need to be long enough to be flush with the inner surface (and hence, no chance of rubbing on the tire).

Jeff

Back