What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Taildragger?

Glider61

I'm New Here
I did a search here and came up with nothing so I wanted to ask- are there any plans for a taildragger version of the RV-12? I am looking to start a RV-12 this summer.

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Bill, welcome to VAF:D

Dont know if there is a plan to make the 12 with conventional gear------but you never know??

Best to ask direct to Vans.

I think it would be good to offer one-----ditto for the RV 10;)

Thanks Mike! I am looking forward to building my RV-12! And I too would certainly think there would be a market for a conventional gear RV-12.

Not likely for the -12 - at least from Vans. But never say never around the tinkerers in experimental aviation.

I think the LSA kit market is wide open for a nice low wing, tail-dragger TANDEM airplane. Nobody is currently selling such a kit... and the couple of proposed ones don't appear to be moving forward (Warner Sportster, MySky One). As much as I like the RV-12, I really wish there was something more exciting out there. It really is an untapped niche IMHO. Think of an LSA equivalent of the RV-4. :D If only we could convince Van's of the market... :(

DJ

Back