What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Skyview

bgl

Does anyone have any information on when Van will make the change in the avionic on the RV12 With Garman 496 discontinued and Dynon Skyview in the future to be the new system with a GPS and a autopilot system I have my kit completed except for the avionic Post any information that may be informal

The Crystal Ball is very Cloudy this evening!

I was wondering who would be the one caught in the middle on this one. Best thing you can do is call Vans and plead your case. Maybe you can be Beta tester number two. As Mitch and his Blue 12, Vans East Coast Demonstrator, is Beta tester number 1. He said his would be operational by Sun & Fun. So if you are a patient man you might be able to get one by say May 1......Maybe:confused:

Skyview

Was up to Van's last week and asked about Skyview - was told that 'they are working on it'. Sorry that I don't have better/more to report.

At Sebring last month, Mitch expected to have the Skyview installed by the time he went down the Sun'N'Fun. Of course time frames slip.

At least it is on the road map!

Does anyone have any information on when Van will make the change in the avionic on the RV12 With Garman 496 discontinued and Dynon Skyview in the future to be the new system with a GPS and a autopilot system I have my kit completed except for the avionic Post any information that may be informal

The Avionics package is expensive but probably the fastest of all "sections" to install. Depending on how far along you are, you could hang the engine without doing the avionics package. What we don't know of course if what is involved with the wiring harnesses. But something has to afloat that would allow a retrofit to early builders. There are too many that want a Skyview and don't want a "dead "496". We'll see...there's money to be made so I'm guessin they'll figure it out.

Skyview soon I hope

Talked to Scott at Vans and He said that in about 3 to 4 weeks they will have it ready to go. So it should be comming soon. I am wondering what the pakage will consist of will there be any options.

Me too

Yeah, I want one (or two) - to paraphrase an unknown person at VAN"S - I'm building a 'flying avionics platform'. Love it - thanks again, Van's. :cool:

Back