What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Skyview Version 4.0 firmware update

Ambiguity

I wish they had been more specific on the question of the wires to be swapped on WH-00045 than "finish kits shipped after Aug. 2011." That's right around when I got mine, so I'm in kind of a grey area. If anyone that is certain that they had to swap those wires could provide the colors of them, that would be very helpful.

I have been trying to understand this Notification from Vans since September 2012! The problem is, the more I read it, the less sense it seems to make. I had my original finish kit and then received my Skyview upgrade among the first sent out.
Obviously I am up to version 7.01, long past the version 4.0 described. The final action wants on BOTH HARNESSES to swap pins on the 37 D-sub that connects to the AV-5000. What are they saying, there can only be ONE d-sub that connects to the AV-5000. Some sort of a joke?

I have been trying to understand this Notification from Vans since September 2012! The problem is, the more I read it, the less sense it seems to make. I had my original finish kit and then received my Skyview upgrade among the first sent out.
Obviously I am up to version 7.01, long past the version 4.0 described. The final action wants on BOTH HARNESSES to swap pins on the 37 D-sub that connects to the AV-5000. What are they saying, there can only be ONE d-sub that connects to the AV-5000. Some sort of a joke?

Take note of what it says within the ( ).

Depending on when you received your finish kit, you will have either a WH-00045 or a WH-00026 harness. The required action should be done on both harnesses (regardless of which one you have.. but you should only have one),
Unless, your harness was shipped after 8/28/12, then you do nothing.

Seems pretty clear to me if you follow the qualifiers mentioned:

WH 045 for Finish kits shipped after Aug 2011
WH-00026 for 12 SV FIN CONV kits shipped prior to 8/28/12

As I had only one positive qualifier I did not check if both made sense. I also check with VANs to confirm what I should do (never hurts)

OK, what Scott said cleared it all up. As I said, I simply read it so many times it ceased to make any sense. Thanks, now I can get with it!

I suspect you have noticed that each time I add something else, my "95% to go" changes to "97% to go". So many goodies to add, so few pounds left to accommodate them.

Don,

Are you gettin' close to the end, or are you working on a turbine conversion? :D

Rich

Back