What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 registration

You should register it when you are getting close to scheduling your airworthiness inspection. But you should also be in contact with your DAR before you do that so he/she can look the paperwork over before you submit it to the FAA. If there's a mistake in it that needs fixing it will take quite a bit of time to correct it ...

Keep in mind that in some states, the taxman will become aware of your new aircraft when you first register it with the FAA. Just say'in....

You have to register the plane before the DAR can do their inspection. Van's provides you with all the paperwork - you need to fill in your name and address.

I submitted my paperwork to the FAA, OK City, in February, and, still do not have a correct registration that the DAR can use. Trying to register my 12 as E-LSA, and, I told them so in my first cover letter to them. The first response was that the Aircraft Bill of Sale should be a Kit Bill of Sale; so, I crossed out Aircraft, wrote in Kit, and sent it back to them. Then they wanted a 'new' form filled out (I had sent a form used prior to Dec 2013). And, it has gone on and on - each request is another 30 day delay. Other 12 owners have gotten their registration in less than a month. That has not been my experience. Plan accordingly so you don't get stuck with a plane that is ready to fly and sitting in the hangar awaiting correct paperwork from the FAA in Ok City.

Back