What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Plans Folder

JohnF

Well Known Member
Van's sent me a 'folder' for the RV-12 plans...seems like as good idea, but the assembly instructions are only half visible, and assembly instructions speak of "posts" that don't seem to at hand...did you get one of these, and was everything needed present? This is no big deal, but I just wondered if I was the only one that got a poor shipment.

buy one from Dick Blick Art Marterials....11 dollars for 25 see through back-to -back pages.

Pete

I got two. The posts are little nylon things about 6" long. look it the package, they were in the bottom of mine and hard to see.

complicated instructions

Van's sent me a folder too. I put the fuselage plans into it. It is easier to follow Van's RV-12 instructions than the folder assembly directions! LOL You put the white plastic rod through the hole and bend the end over 90 degrees and slide the plastic slider over it. Luckily the tail kit instructions came with a folder so that I was able to see how the folder goes together. Actually I like having the plans lose without a folder because they lay flat.
Joe

I also thought that the hardest part of the RV-12 build so far is putting that binder together.

Folder

I got the binder as well, but no posts. I just grabbed another binder to put mine in.

Does anyone know how many RV12 kits have been sold yet? I am builder #184, so I know there are at least that many. I ordered my kit in mid December 2008.

Van's sent me a 'folder' for the RV-12 plans...seems like as good idea, but the assembly instructions are only half visible, and assembly instructions speak of "posts" that don't seem to at hand...did you get one of these, and was everything needed present? This is no big deal, but I just wondered if I was the only one that got a poor shipment.

200+

I mailed my order for the Emp Kit on Jan 9, and they called on the13th and said these were pretty much "in stock", so I picked it up on the 16th. Mine was number 202.

BTW, the "posts" in the binder kit were the two white plastic sticks 1/8" in dia. by about 6" long. I remember from my working career days that this type of binder was used by our data processing guys for massive computer printouts.

Tony T

Back