What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 oil change, purge the last quart

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I will as I am curious. Right out of the box tho I am thinking if getting 100% of the oil out of the engine at a normal oil change is that important why isn't Rotax asking us to do it?
Dick Seiders

because they are worried that if the engine isnt purged correctly it will sieze
remember it is a dry sump engine so the oil pump may not prime

specific topic?

I tried to listen for the oil change topic but all I kept hearing was a disscussion about grass vs. asphalt landing strips. Can you point me in the specific spot to listen to the podcast about 921UL oil changes? THANKS:confused:

I tried to listen for the oil change topic but all I kept hearing was a disscussion about grass vs. asphalt landing strips. Can you point me in the specific spot to listen to the podcast about 921UL oil changes? THANKS:confused:

go down one more podcast. you are almost there.

Thanks for the link to the podcast. In trying to follow Rotax's instructions for purging the oil system I spent today wrestling with how to cap the inlet for the return line. I jury rigged a plug for the inlet to the return line but have a problem controlling the pressure to the oil tank. I immediately ordered the kit that Mike Stratman of California Power Systems mentioned. Problem solved.

Back