What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 needed for photo shoot with RV-1

wmjack

Good morning,

A group of Connecticut EAA chapters are hosting a visit by the RV-1 this Saturday, May 12, 2012 on the CT Aero Tech ramp at Brainard airport (KHFD) in Hartford, CT. We want to arrange as many RV models as we can around the RV-1 on the ramp for public viewing and to record the gathering as a bit of aviation history in conjunction with an open house at CT Aero Tech. We had an aircraft committed for the event but the owner/builder was unexpectedly called out of state yesterday so we are missing the -12. If you own a -12 in the southern New England area that is available and would like to participate, please contact me by mail at: ([email protected]) or Bob Spaulding at: ([email protected]) ASAP so we can send you details.

Aircraft will assemble on the CT Aero Tech ramp at 09:00. The event will be finished and the ramp cleared by 14:00 Saturday. It promises to be an excellent flying day so if you are looking for a destination, why not try Hartford? The Connecticut River Valley is a great flying area this time of year.

Thanks very much.

Jack

That is goign to be one historic photo - the most RV designs that have ever been in one place at one time...only the factory can top that, if they can round up the RV-5 when they have the -1 "in hand" in June....

I hope someone can supply you with a -12!

That is goign to be one historic photo - the most RV designs that have ever been in one place at one time...only the factory can top that, if they can round up the RV-5 when they have the -1 "in hand" in June....

I hope someone can supply you with a -12!

One of our members volunteered to fly a 'high taxi' photo mission in his Rotorway Exec at the suggestion of Louise Hose so we should have some down angle shots to complement the ground based ones. The RV-1 has been safely tucked in another member's hangar for a few days and we are looking forward to showing it off on Saturday. I'll post the photos when I get them.

Jack

What time is the photo shoot? I might be able to make it for a short time first thing in the morning. Have committments back home here in NY in the PM.

Last time I was in CT my '12 won "best homebuilt" at the Simsbury show.

John

What time is the photo shoot? I might be able to make it for a short time first thing in the morning. Have committments back home here in NY in the PM.

Last time I was in CT my '12 won "best homebuilt" at the Simsbury show.

John

John,

I received your email this morning and am touching base with Bob Spaulding in about an hour. I will have him contact you directly as soon as we connect. I'll send you details via email.

Thanks,

Jack

Historic Photos!

I arrived KHFD around 8:30 and was the second RV on the ramp. All the other RV's arrived within an hour and the "airplane sorting" proceeded until the entire gaggle was placed sequentially behind the RV-1. Hundreds of photos were taken and there should be some good ones. Can't wait to see them!

Thanks to the organizers for concieving this idea and pulling it off. Even the weather cooperated by providing a perfect day.

I arrived KHFD around 8:30 and was the second RV on the ramp. All the other RV's arrived within an hour and the "airplane sorting" proceeded until the entire gaggle was placed sequentially behind the RV-1. Hundreds of photos were taken and there should be some good ones. Can't wait to see them!

Thanks to the organizers for concieving this idea and pulling it off. Even the weather cooperated by providing a perfect day.

John,

Thanks very much for helping us make this gathering such a success. I was busy with a Young Eagles event elsewhere on the airport so, unfortunately, didn't get to visit the CAT ramp. I've been receiving images however and there should be a note in your personal inbox by now so you can see what we have so far. We're looking for the best shots to post on VAF and should have them soon.

Regards,

Jack

So folks - where are the pictures?!?!?!?!?:D

RV-1 and Family Photos (KHFD)

So folks - where are the pictures?!?!?!?!?:D

Here are a few to hold you over while we assemble and post the rest.

HANGAR%20FRONT%20NIGHT.jpg

IMG_3575.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

RV-12_Front.jpg

We still have quite a few more to assemble and will post updates as they come in. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jack

Back