What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 in NC?

theskunk

I'm New Here
Somewhat new around here and looking for anybody with built/build in progress RV-12s in the NC area -- or frankly any other LSA for that matter (ie: links with an EAA chapter/etc).

Thanks!

Welcome.

Web search EAA Chapter 1114, located in Apex. Meets 3rd Saturday each month for breakfast and meeting.

Member "JP" is building an RV-12, lives in north Raleigh, just inside I540. His shop is at his house. Contact info for JP can be found on this web site in the white pages, and you can search the RV-12 forums for his frequent postings.

contact name for JP: Jean-Pierre Bernoux and on the forums his ID is "WingedFrog"

Last edited:
Somewhat new around here and looking for anybody with built/build in progress RV-12s in the NC area -- or frankly any other LSA for that matter (ie: links with an EAA chapter/etc).

Thanks!

I will soon commence my RV-12 project in New London, NC. I'm about 40 miles northeast of Charlotte. Also check out Rhino Aircraft in Greensboro.

Jerre

I am building a 12 and have completed all except for avionics and paint. Like a lot of others, I am waiting on Skyview. You are welcome to look it over anytime. I am located southeast of Raleigh, NC just outside of Selma, NC.

Rob, see a flying RV-12 tomorrow...

Hi, Rob...

In addition to the posts above, don't overlook attending one of the regional LSA Expos or other events where Mitch Locke will be flying in Vans 'East Coast RV-12 demonstrator' (aka: 'the blue one'). Seeing the 'real thing', completed - e.g. sitting in it to determine how comfy it is for you, what the viz is like, amount of storage space, whether you're OK with the fuel tank location and so forth - can be very helpful.

And now that I check - Voila! - Mitch will be within driving distance of you tomorrow, Sat the 24th as luck has it, at Edenton (KEDE):

http://vansaircraft.com/public/fly-ins.htm

See you on the Sport Pilot forum...

Jack

Hey folks!

Yes, I do intend on being at the flyin at Edenton, NC on Saturday the 24th. Weather is not looking good around my home base for then. I'll make the call Saturday in the morning whether I'll be able to make it or not.

Hey Jack! Glad to see you up and running.

Back