What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 High Groundspeed

JBPILOT

Well Known Member
LAKEVILLE9-30-11100_0608.jpg

Was returning from near Minneapolis yesterday, and knew the winds aloft were high. Dynon shows 50 knot tail wind at about 8000 feet. Ground speed was averaging 188 MPH. Was a 163 miles trip, and the Dynon said flight was 56 minutes ! ! ! !:):):)

John Bender
315.3 hours

Good point Larry - -

It was 2 C then. Normally in the winter at that temp, and lower alt., it shows about 185 degrees. This picture was when I was still climbing.

John Bender

LAKEVILLE100_0592.jpg

Never shows pics of your panel. It invites respnses like this. BTW I did 143 GS today with a tailwind. Not bad, but I don't show pics.
Dick Seiders

But Dick, I enjoy the pix so much! I can spend all sort of time studying the numbers trying to figure out what all that display really means. Sure is confusing to someone that has not flown behind one. Confusing enough and I am waiting for a Skyview, I may never figure it out.

Hey Don, not to worry you, but the display can be confusing even after you're flying it a while. If you fly every day it would not be a problem. Weekly or so sometimes it is, but we are constantly learning and re learning when we fly, right?
Dick Seiders

Back