What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Glare Shield

Bill_H

Well Known Member
Patron
I do not know if this vendor is an advertiser or not (where's the list?) but at showplanes.com is a new RV12 glare shield. looks very interesting. I have requested an additional picture to the ones they have, one taken at pilots eye level with the canopy closed.

Technically yes. I would also wait (E-LSA) because it is so darn obvious a change for anyone familiar with the -12! Minor things you can perhaps work out with your DAR ahead of time. There is a line of common sense (extra tie wraps not on the plans?) but don't push it.

Technically yes. I would also wait (E-LSA) because it is so darn obvious a change for anyone familiar with the -12! Minor things you can perhaps work out with your DAR ahead of time. There is a line of common sense (extra tie wraps not on the plans?) but don't push it.

Its not a DAR issue...they don't audit your plans...they determines if the plane is airworthy. The technicality you refer to is the signed statement that you provide him/her stating that you built it as required by the manufacturer (who is named as the builder).

Hmmm. Good theory. I think that there are DARs on the forum that would not agree with it, however, and also see their role as verifying the built-per-plans condition in order to grant the E-LSA registration. Some seem more anal about it than others, based on the many posts I've read.

Back