What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 E-LSA Inspections

Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
I posted this last night. Several said that the thread should be deleted, so I deleted it. Apparently many people didn't get to see the last post so I have been requested to re-post.

Thanks to Scott Risan, I now have sufficient information to perform a complete and competent inspection on the RV-12 as an E-LSA. Scott has been very patient throughout my e-mails over the last several weeks and has worked with me in a very professional manner.

I apologize if I have cast any shadow on the RV-12 design. That was never my intention. Van's Aircraft has done a fantastic job with the RV-12 and the kit.

As far as the RV-12 as an amateur-built aircraft, the jury is still out. To be certificated as an E-AB, the builder may need to show more detail than normally expected. I'm still working on this.
Hopefully Van's will submit the RV-12 kit to the FAA for approval on the 51% approved kit list. That would help greatly.

re: professional

I never had any doubts that all this would be worked out. Mel & Van's are both professional people. This is how things usually work out when both parties act in a professional manner, instead of being hard headed. From what I was reading it seemed that there was some misinterrpretation or misiformation. It doesn't matter one bit now. Way to go guys.

Marshall Alexander

Back