What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Class Interest Feeler

tfarrell839

Hi folks,

We are reaching out because we have had a few calls over the last few months about doing an RV-12 specific class. At this point we are thinking about offering a 3, 4 or 5 day course that would involve building the RV-12 Empennage and possibly the tailcone. It would include, as well, basic metal working skills, understanding the Van's plans, standard airworthiness practices for hardware and a general review of the future stages of the project. If we do the 5 day and it moves fast enough, we'll get to touch briefly on some fiberglass topics.

I am tentatively thinking about the first week of November.

Cost would be from $1,000-$1,800 per project, depending on how many days we do it.

I would love to hear from the community if you are interested or would have been interested in a class like this. If we can get three projects to agree to a date, we'll do it.

In case you aren't familiar with our shop, we are a builder's assistance center that opened in 1997. We have done many very successful RV-10 classes here and other basic RV courses as well. We also work closely with the EAA Sport-Air classes and teach their Composites class when they are here. Recently we became California's first RV-12 SLSA service center.

We hope to have some value added elements like discounts from select tool and parts providers, these are details that are yet to be worked out.

Please chime in here or send me a PM.

Thanks

Back