What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 autopilot

johns4689

Well Known Member
I just purchased a AP74 autopilot for my RV-12. I've been flying the plane for about 75 hours and decided to install it now. I am running a Dynon D100EFIS and a Ifly 700 Gps. Can anyone tell me the pin connections to connect the two together. I purchased a usb to db9 connector at Sun-n-Fun for the Ifly 700 gps. I had a harness made to connect the Ap74 and servos.

I have no personal experience with these units but found the following information on Dynon's and ifly.adventurepilot.com websites:
Dynon D100 Female DB25 Pin #22 (Yellow in Dynon harness) connects to iFly 700 DB-9 serial plug pin #3 (Transmission line).
Joe Gores

Last edited:
The original OPTIONS wiring harness for the RV-12 has the plug to plug into the AP74 control unit if obtained. (The AP74 is not actually an "autopilot." The "autopilot" functionality is contained in the D-180 and can function just fine without an AP-74 by using the built-in button/menus/screens on the D-180. The AP-74 has external dedicated buttons/knobs that make the AP functions EASIER to use.)

Mitch,

Thanks for the info. Since I built my RV-12 as an EAB I used the D100 and not the original wiring harness. That was the information I needed.

Back